Unit testing is known as one of the most effective software practices. Developers who write unit tests have less bugs, fix those bugs faster, and speed up development as a whole.
This course will introduce unit testing tools in the web and mobile space. Attendees will practice the needed techniques to start testing both new and existing code.
The course is intended for: front-end developers and team leaders.
Following the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Use unit testing tools like Jasmin and Mocha
- Refactor code to make it more testable
- Mock different kinds dependencies
- Include tests in automated builds
- What are unit tests and how they compare to other types of tests
- Pros and cons
- Jasmine unit testing frameworks
- Manual mocking
- Sinon.js mocking framework
- Using unit tests in automated builds
- Unit testing best practices
- Introduction to Test Driven Development