Unit testing is known as one of the most effective software practices. Developers who write unit tests have less bugs, fix those bugs faster, and speed up development as a whole.
This course will introduce unit testing tools in the .Net space. Attendees will practice the needed techniques to start testing both new and existing code.
The course is intended for: C# developers and team leaders.
Following the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Use unit testing tools in Visual Studio
- Write unit tests in C#
- Refactor code to make it more testable
- Mock different kinds dependencies
- Include tests in automated builds
- What are unit tests and how they compare to other types of tests
- Pros and cons
- .Net unit testing frameworks (MSTest and others)
- Manual mocking
- .Net mocking frameworks (FakeItEasy and others)
- Using unit tests in automated builds
- Unit testing best practices
- Introduction to Test Driven Development